Nitro Machine Review
The Nitro Machine is the top of the line binding from Nitro. It is stiff, light and aggressive. This is the binding for people who want to ride big lines, and need high end gear to do it.
This is a really stiff binding, which Nitro rate as a 9/10 for flex.
The Highback is light and stiff, because it is made with a carbon fiber composite. The stiffer the highback, the faster the response for your heelside turns.
It has a carbon reinforced chassis, which is stiff and designed to keep the weight down and the response up.
It has light and comfortable straps, as well as a convertible toe strap that can be used over the top, or on the toes. Though I can’t imagine that someone who buys these bindings would actually use it as a toe strap rather than a toe cap.
The baseplate has Dual Air Dampening, which has multiple sections of sealed air to provide cushioning and dampening for big landings and rough terrain.
They are also canted, so that you can get a more comfortable and natural feel by aligning your feet and knees.
Features on the Nitro Machine
- Air Dampening
- NITRO Dual Air Dampening
- Asym Carbon Beam Highback
- Carbon Fiber Composite AIR 2.0 Baseplate
- Perfect Hold® Ankle Straps With Flex Window
- Cable Connector And Ratchet Straps
- Easy Entry Buckle Tech And Ratchet Straps
- B.E.S.T. Convertible Toe Strap
- 2X4 Mini Disc With Angle Lock Feature
- New! The mini disc is now compatible with the channel system.
- Forged Aluminum Speedwheel Buckles
Does it have a warranty?
Yes, two years.
Who are these bindings best for?
The Nitro Machine are going to be the sort of bindings for someone who wants super aggressive and stiff bindings, that are super light. They are high priced, but you are paying for the weight savings and build quality.